Is it time to replace your carpet?
There are six questions you should ask yourself before you clean your carpet once again.
1. Is my carpet showing signs of wear and tear? Matted and torn carpet is a sign that your carpet has seen better days. Once the tufts fall over, they do not regain their shape. Heavily trafficked walkways show wear and tear the quickest, but are also the hardest areas to hide.
2. Is my carpet permanently stained? Almost all carpet now comes with anti-stain treatments either applied or infused. While these help resist stains, they are not completely stain proof. Over time, they may loose their ability to fight off stains completely. Stains such as red wine, mustard, bleach, plant food, and tea are tough stains to remove.
3. Are my stains caused by substances that are a health hazard? Stains caused be vomit, feces, urine, mold and mildew could be a health hazard. Cleaning these might not remove these completely. Most cleaners only penetrate to the base of the carpet, so that the binding of the carpet is not compromised.
4. Is your carpet more than 10 years old? Most carpet has a life expectancy of 10 years if properly cared for. Lower grade carpets will start to show major signs of wear and tear much sooner than 10 years. Over time carpets will wrinkle, tear, mat and show color fade.
5. Is your pad worn out? The pad is the support for the carpet. Once the pad is worn out, your carpet will begin to show signs of wear and tear quickly.
6. Are you ready for new carpet? Have you changed the style of your home? Is your carpet showing it’s age? Either way, it might be time to replace your carpet. There are several factors to consider when choosing your new carpet. Carpet comes in different grades, colors, and styles. You should consider your budget and lifestyle when choosing your new carpet. Browse through our in-stock carpet options to see our selection, or get a free quote now! If you know your dimensions, we can give you an estimate over the phone! Want to see the carpet options in person? We bring the samples to you! Call today for more information.